yamaha 150txrb over filling oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 150txrb over filling oil

About 3months ago the aux tank over filled the main tank witch drained thru the overfill lines into my airbox and smoked out the world I thought the boat was on fire.when I got the boat back to the house I checked the float switch it was fine I made sure it wasn't stuck or hung on the screen cleaned the plugs and went fishing 3months went by of fishing every weekend without a problem then this weekend it did it again!!!!!! So I replacene level gauge and its still doing it the aux pump wont shut off! !!! I tested the emergency toggle switch and its fine I checked all connections for corrosion and there good! !! Im praying its not the CDI BOX any help please!!????

Here is trouble shooting chart.
    OilTransferChart.pdf
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the chart I will check it tmrw!! Do you know if the CDI can be rebuilt ??? The cheapest I found one is between 900.00-1000.00 dollars

Comment

I don't know of any place to get it rebuilt.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

be aware trhat not all of that chart is applicable to a B model two stroke.

Comment

Rodbolt would.u happen to have a chart for the b model? ?

Comment

It turned out to be a bad cdi box! !!! thanks for the help fellas!!

Comment

That is a BS price check with Palmer power in Houston, TX. IF NOT SEND ME A PM I CAN PUT YOU ON A BETTER PRICE!! I just had to put one on my 130 Yami 168.37 my wholesale cost for CDI BRAND REPLACEMENT. I also had a lower unit freeze up everybody wanted $1600-$2500 My friend Bryan Evans at Evans Marine in Baycliff, Texas got me one new in the box for $ 800.00. 45 mins. to remove and replace my old one and i am back on the water.
                Last edited by Bayoucat; 09-05-2012, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X