Fuel problem on F200 Four stroke.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel problem on F200 Four stroke.

I have a 2007 Yamaha F200 outboard runs great at first with speed and then when I slow to idle speed and start moving again just stalls like it's run out of fuel. I have changed the filters, cleaned the VST and checked tank vent, checked tank pick up tube, replaced anti-syphon valve on the tank.

When it happens if I squeeze the primer bulb it will start up and run if I go slow then accelerate after about 50 yards and keep running. If I speed up straight away it dies again.

Any ideas would be a great help my mechanic is pulling his hair out over this and I have already lost mine!

Thanks for your time.

Probably need to get Fuel pressure tested, TPS and idle control valve checked.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

test the low pressure lift pump, pressure should stay about 10 PSI when the pump runs.
      are you and your mechanic aware that this lift pump below 1200 RPM runs 10 seconds on and 20 seconds off.
      if the lift pump check valve fails you get your exact symptoms.
      the valve is that small metal canister wire tied to the pump bracket.

Comment

f90tlrd

Im having the same problem. run at a idle for ten minutes and then run at 5000 rpm for 30 minutes. go back to idling and in ten minutes the motor will cut off and then start for short periods of time. Changed both fuel pumps ,all filters and gas lines and cleaned out fuel tank.I have had it to two different yamaha dealers . it never messes up with them . had battery and spark plugs replaced last time it was at the dealer. Does it have this check valve ? thanks steve

Comment

does it have this check valve??????
          depends.
          what motor are YOU disscussing.
          thats why its so important to start a NEW thread and a MODEL number so we all know what you have.

Comment

fixed

my title had my model number in it.F90TLRD!!!!. MY PROBLEM ENDED UP BEING THE ECU! It just seems like a lot of the same problems are happening to Yamaha 4 stroke motors. Didn't mean to hijack the guys thread.

Comment

ECU failures are rare but they happen.
              most the F motor issues are either corrosion or fuel.

Comment

Working...
              X