Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring the digital multi function gauge

Hello,
    When I bought my boat, it did not come with the multi function Yamaha gauge. I am contemplating installing one of these into to boat as it will reduce the footprint of gauges on my console. I have a 2002 115 TXRA. I am looking at the 6Y5-8350T-00-00 digital tachometer assembly. Before I bite the bullet on a gauge of this price, how do I ensure that all of the wiring I need is present? I see a couple wiring harnesses and connectors there (for the buzzer and the 704 throttle assembly).
    If I have to run more wiring harness, I will probably deep six the idea. My thought is that if the boneheads that rigged the motor up, but cheaped out on the gauge, then all of the wiring is present.

Does anbody have a wiring harness diagram for this motor?

Also is it relatively easy to rig up, plug in play?

Any insight is always appreciated.

Joe

You can order 6YR-W0035-E2-00 Multifunction Tach Rig Kit that includes trin/oil harness going to engine and key switch harness that connects gauge to key switch.
    6Y5_704 Wiring.pdf
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

So I have the same issue - attempting to reuse the multifunction tachs which I previously used with my 150s - Now switched to 115XTRA (Australian) and attempting to integrate with 704 con*****er and key switch. Is everything now run through the main wiring harness (I know other 115s actually have a separate harness for the tachs running from the motor) or do I just hook up the yellow, red, etc wire at the switch?

Comment

1994 to 2004 there were no changes in gauges or wiring.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X