Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad your back

Hey Ken,

Glad your back ..... are you home now with all "normal" services up and running?

I certainly hope that you and family made it safely through Rita.

I can feel you pain!

Welcome back Ken
    We were staring to wonder about you it's been so long. I know your town got hit hard, I hope you and your family are ok.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, guys, I really appreciate your concern [img]smile.gif[/img] .
      Yeah, I have a new found respect for Mother Nature and the power of hurricanes - it's something to see it on tv, yet something else to actually experience it - some of you know what I am talking about - the howl of 125+ mph winds and the feel of the foundation of the house shaking from 100 year old trees hitting the ground - it was a most frightening and humbling experience, and I am very grateful that no one was hurt.
      We were going to evacuate, but then we heard that the traffic was averaging THREE miles an hour on the highway - still, I don't think I will ride out another category three hurricane.
      No power for three weeks, and no phone for five weeks - I am glad to be back on the forum [img]smile.gif[/img] .
      Ken K

Comment

Hey Ken,

Know exactly what you mean. However, my job requires my presence immediately after a storm so, I do not evacuate.

I have lived in the Florida Panhandle all my life and have seen many storms in our area ..... most recent and closest was Opel in 1995 ..... 144mph winds about 10 miles west of us.

Out of power for about a week, no telephone for a couple of days ..... thank goodness, no major damage to my home.

Eloise, back in 1975 ( I think ), out of power for about 8 days, no phone for a couple of days ..... 22 trees down on my property.

Man, I could go on and on.

Glad to hear "things" are back to "normal".

BTW, did your Yamaha fair the storm Ok?

Comment

Ken, glad you are Ok. We just had Wilma rip through here last week. Glad I had the 50 gallons of gas in my Hewes to burn in the generator. These storms are nothing to take lightly. The chaos immediately afterwards is always painful to watch. Best to be prepared.

Mike....... Miami, FL

Comment

tripleb - yeah, the ole' Yammie (2000 C115) and Pathfinder made it w/o a scratch - an 80 year old pine tree that was a 110 foot long and weighed many thousands of pounds missed the boat garage by inches - glad it was in the middle of the night, or I would have seen it and had a heart attack [img]smile.gif[/img] . A smaller tree did take out the tail gate on my Ford Super Crew, but it still pulls my boat just fine.

Mike - yeah, I had enough fuel to run the generator for two days. Sure hadn't planned on three weeks, though. After two days, a fishing buddy and I were roaming the area out here doing our best to siphon gas out of vehicles that were left on driveways. Some of those cars/trucks had trees on/in them. We just left a note saying "will replace gas as soon as we can". I could not use the gas in my boat since it is a pre-mix.
            Glad you made it thru Wilma ok.
            Ken K [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X