1989 Pro v 150 Outboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Pro v 150 Outboard

I have a 1989 Pro v 150 Outboard and just replaced a couple items relating to the fuel flow from the gas tank to the engine. The problem I am having though is that we hooked up a battery and all we heard was a buzzing sound then after using different methods to increase the battery output we got it to turn once. Then it wouldn't do anything at all. The trim could be adjusted before, but now it won't and there isn't even a buzzing sound. I know the battery is good. I was thinking could it be the positive/negative electrical lines that run from the battery to the motor? Or is there something that could have shorted out in the motor like a fuse?

Yes there is a 20a fuse on the port side close to the starter relay.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

That is the fuse that runs in a wire connected to the wire that attaches to the positive connection of the starter correct? I looked at that one and it was not blown. I tried hooking the battery directly up to the starter and the connections on the battery and the starter sparked and no there is no juice getting to the starter. The battery is good.

Comment

Ok two pairs of shorted jumper cables is the problem! Used a newer better pair and now it is getting juice!

Comment

Working...
        X