1994 150HP oil transfer problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 150HP oil transfer problem

I have a 150HP with a 1994 powerhead. The mid section had been changed by the PO. I don't know the year of the mid section.

I installed the engine on a boat with Yamaha controls and cables. Everything is working except for the trim indicator in the gauge does not work and oil will not transfer from the remote tank while running or when the switch is pressed.

I was able to connect all the cables except the one shown in the photo. The wires were traced to the trim switch.

I understand that the trim indication is a function of the oil transfer.
    What do I need to do to get a trim indication in the guage and get oil transfer from the remote tank?

The trem sender cam is a commen problem is located under the tilt tube. Change the remote oil tank filter and make sure the transfer pump is working, these are also commen problems.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

If the trim is sender is not/cannot be hooked up, how do I get the pump to work?

Comment

The pump has nothing to do with the trim sender. The trim sender is for the guage only. If you manually overide the oil transfer pump with the toggle switch on the back of the motor, this should turn the pump on, if it does not make sure you are getting power to the pump and switch. If you are, then you need to replace the pump.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X