Tilt and Trim Fluid Replacement on 60hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt and Trim Fluid Replacement on 60hp

Need help troubleshooting a tilt and trim issue with my C60TLRV Yamaha ob motor.

The last couple of times I went out on the boat, I noticed a slight bit of oil on the surface of the water behind the boat, but just assumed it was from the busy boat ramp.

Here's the kicker, I was backed down the ramp yesterday ready to go fishing and the motor would not trim down. The motor was working slowly before but now it is completely stopped.

I assume the fluid leaked out over the last few trips and now I need to find the leak and replace the fluid. What type of fluid do we use? I replaced the motor about 2-3 years ago and I can hear it running and sounds normal.

I have the schematic on my computer and I need to know where the drain/add plug is located. I need to know where the most common leak areas are. It looks like one of the two push rod has a rubber seal that is not the best.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Damnifino; 07-23-2012, 01:27 PM.

The fill plug is at the side/top of the reservoir, takes ptt fluid or Automatic trasmission fluid. The leaks are usually around the trim seals, easy to replace. Check the Tilt seals too.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X