yamaha 115 hp saltwater series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 115 hp saltwater series

hi all.i have a small problem with my 115 saltwater series 2 stroke.it droped a cylinder the other week and a spark plug didnt fix it so it went to the shop.2 weeks later they tell me it had water in the oil tank [its sealed so how did it get in?]it wasnt a small amount they said.problem is they didnt keep the sample [not real bright].apparently what this has caused is for the numbers 3 and 4 cylinders to run without oil and stuff the pots.this engine has 45 odd hours on it and had its first service about 30 hours ago.its been hard to start as well [which they were told about]now that all thats out of the way my question is has anyone else had or heard of this problem. cheers mtmesq

We run across water in oil tank from time to time, but not very often, most of the time it's from the boat filling up with water and the oil tank gets submerged(the oil cap is vented and water will get in). There is a water trap hose on engine oil tank(unless the motor is older than 1990), it's a short clear hose at bottom of tank and if water is in it then it will show up in bottom of hose, just remove hose clean out and reinstall if water is found in hose then the oil tank in boat needs to be cleaned out.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

hi thanks for that.the oil filler cap isnt vented and the cap has an oring seal in good condition.the main oil tank is inside the transom in its own compartment with the battery.ive had a chat withe the guy at the shop and he doesnt know how it got there either but he didnt keep a sample so we dont know if it was fresh or salt water.[or if there was any water at all?]my other question is why would it be the lower 2 pots [3 and 4]to run without oiland is it possible for sea water to get to them. cheers mtmesq

Comment

Working...
      X