Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorboater View Post

Sorry to revive an old thread.....

Can anyone please confirm the wire colors in the connector that @fisn_pa has a finger on?

I swapped a 2003 T50 2 stroke, for a 2021 F90LB. My engine layout is just a little different, but since the swap, my trim Guage is always showing "up" (no issues prior to swap) and the tach seems inaccurate, and erratic. I did not notice this prior to the swap. It appears that the wire harness from the boat to the engine may need to be swapped. - I should mention that I am wanting to keep my analog gauges and NOT use command link. Thanks in advance!
    Then why did you do it? Revive an old and tired thread that is? It serves no purpose.

A 2003 T50 would have used two nylon four pin connectors. A 2021 F90LB uses just one nylon four pin connector.

Do you have a trim/oil harness in the boat that has two nylon four pin connectors at each end?

Do you know what brand and model of tachometer and trim gauge that is installed?

Comment

Comment

The Yamaha way.

Comment

Thank you, Gemmini1, the PDF may be helpful, as the photo you posted isn't legible.

Thank you boscoe99. Some forums say to search and find your answer, and not start a new thread. This thread is almost a decade old, but it's relevant.
          I do currently have 2 four pin connectors, one is 2 wire, the other is 3 as depicted in your T50 diagram.
          I am unsure of the brand of the gauges. I don't see any branding on them, and I do not know if they are original to the vessel or not.

Comment

The pink wire in the four pin connector on the motor side carries the trim information. Just find a way for it to get to your trim gauge. Would not surprise me if there are some wire color changes along the way.

Comment

Also these may be helpful as well
              Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Motorboater View Post
                  Thank you, Gemmini1, the PDF may be helpful, as the photo you posted isn't legible.

Thank you boscoe99. Some forums say to search and find your answer, and not start a new thread. This thread is almost a decade old, but it's relevant.
                  I do currently have 2 four pin connectors, one is 2 wire, the other is 3 as depicted in your T50 diagram.
                  I am unsure of the brand of the gauges. I don't see any branding on them, and I do not know if they are original to the vessel or not.
                  I believe the protocol is to search existing threads for an answer. Instead of asking a question which has been asked and answered a thousand times.

If the answer cannot be found, then start your own new thread.

Comment

Honestly I understand the sentiment for starting a new thread however being someone who spent hours Google searching for the same answers and being directed to this exact thread and not finding what I was looking for sometimes adding to an old thread is the best way for new users to find the answers they need. I am not looking to argue this point however this thread is the top google link that comes up when looking for this particular question and hard to find other places with information. Just pointing this out as if you are not searching for this information you may know the answer but googles algorithm points to older threads not the new ones. Just food for thought

Comment

Thank you both for your assistance. I have run the new harness, and had to splice the pink wire on the gauge side as the harness connector was not the same. Trim gauge works and functions normally, just need to adjust!

Comment

Working...
                      X