Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analog Trim Gauge Connection

Hello,

I'm a new Yamaha owner and new to the site. Thanks for having me.

I want to connect a Yamaha analog trim gauge to my F90 using the Yamaha cable. The dealer explained the gauge and cable wiring color codes to me so I think I'm ok there.

I was hoping a factory rep could confirm that the connector and connector location shown in the pictures in this post is the correct connector for this gauge/cable. I've looked the engine over and I'm 99.9% sure this is the right one, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

If it helps the gauge part number is 6Y7-83670-40-00 and the cable part number is 6Y5-83653-20-00.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Yes that is the correct connector.. in the end just make sure the pink wire is connected to the pink wire at the gauge,

Comment

My friend has a new 2011 Yamaha 115 Four stroke, I'm going to help him install a trim gauge. Could you point out the sending unit wire on the motor so I can run it to the instuments panel, Thank You....

Comment

Same connector as in the picture.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

hello all new to the f90 looking at the plug on mine there is a pink/yellow 2 pink/black and 1 pink to make sure I only use the pink only wire yes? thanks jon

Comment

Originally posted by jccaprif90 View Post
            hello all new to the f90 looking at the plug on mine there is a pink/yellow 2 pink/black and 1 pink to make sure I only use the pink only wire yes? thanks jon
            The assumption is that you have a 2005 or later Yam F90. It uses only one connector in the engine pan for the trim oil harness. Earlier models used two connectors.

The wire colors should be pink with black tracer, pink with white tracer and solid pink. Solid pink is the wire for the trim gauge. Normally, it would be wired as depicted below:

Comment

Yes sorry its a 2011 Its Friday what can I say

Comment

Thanks yes its a 2011 I guess I should mention that up front

Comment

So looking at the diagram is there a wire coming of the tach lead for tach wiring harness that you can use for the trim gauge or do you have to run a cable from the motor all the way up to the trim gauge

Comment

Originally posted by jccaprif90 View Post
                    So looking at the diagram is there a wire coming of the tach lead for tach wiring harness that you can use for the trim gauge or do you have to run a cable from the motor all the way up to the trim gauge
                    The trim oil harness carries the ground for the oil pressure light and the over temperature light. It also carries the variable resistance information for the trim gauge.

If a Yamaha tachometer is installed, the connector at the end of the trim oil harness plugs into the tachometer connector. A pink wire lead connected to the tachometer connector carries the variable resistance information on to the trim gauge.

You can string a wire from the motor to the trim gauge. You can string a wire from the end of the trim oil harness to the trim gauge. Or, you can install the tachometer and the trim gauge in which case it is all plug and play.

Comment

Where do you guys come up with these awesome cool drawings that you can cut/paste? As they say, "one picture is worth a thousand words", and every time I see one of them, I understand exactly what they mean. Are they in the service manual (digital format)?

(Sorry for the hijack, but I had to ask)

Comment

Originally posted by keylime1 View Post
                        Where do you guys come up with these awesome cool drawings that you can cut/paste? As they say, "one picture is worth a thousand words", and every time I see one of them, I understand exactly what they mean. Are they in the service manual (digital format)?

(Sorry for the hijack, but I had to ask)
                        I get my data from various sources. Someone posted the entire Yamaha 2012 outboard rigging guide online. That is where I got the illustration depicted above.

http://www.riverteam.ru/price/Riggin...ide%202012.pdf

Comment

Many thanks, Boscoe99.

Comment

Originally posted by fishn_pa View Post
                            Hello,

I'm a new Yamaha owner and new to the site. Thanks for having me.

I want to connect a Yamaha analog trim gauge to my F90 using the Yamaha cable. The dealer explained the gauge and cable wiring color codes to me so I think I'm ok there.

I was hoping a factory rep could confirm that the connector and connector location shown in the pictures in this post is the correct connector for this gauge/cable. I've looked the engine over and I'm 99.9% sure this is the right one, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

If it helps the gauge part number is 6Y7-83670-40-00 and the cable part number is 6Y5-83653-20-00.

Thanks in advance.
                            Sorry to revive an old thread.....

Can anyone please confirm the wire colors in the connector that @fisn_pa has a finger on?

I swapped a 2003 T50 2 stroke, for a 2021 F90LB. My engine layout is just a little different, but since the swap, my trim Guage is always showing "up" (no issues prior to swap) and the tach seems inaccurate, and erratic. I did not notice this prior to the swap. It appears that the wire harness from the boat to the engine may need to be swapped. - I should mention that I am wanting to keep my analog gauges and NOT use command link. Thanks in advance!

Comment

not sure if this helps or not! I have a full rigging pdf as well if that also may help
                              6B7BD6A1-42DF-4469-9AB1-D10E953C7047.png

Comment

Working...
                              X