1999 T50TRLX Mid Range Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 T50TRLX Mid Range Issues

Gentlemen, I just spent $750 having all four carbs rebuilt, they also changed the thermostat, water separator, fuel filter and serviced the lower unit. I put the boat in the H2O and it starts fine, idles fine and runs WOT fine, I do not have a Tachometer, but, from 10 MPH to 18 MPH it hesitates and skips badly, most likley to the point it would kill the engine....I plan to take it back to the mechanic and see if he willl make it right, if not, do you have any suggestions or ideas as where to start the troublshooting process?

You might try replacing the spark plugs and checking fuel pumps fo leaking into crankcase.

You need to find out if it is fuel related or is loosing spark,
    a timing light should show if loosing spark when hooked to the different plug wires while problem is happening or measuring peak voltages to coils might show something.

While the shop has it have them check it out , that would be the best as they have the test equipment to check coil out puts with KV tester

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, the timing belt was removed when I purchased the motor, I put it back on using old school methods, hopefully the mech. will make it right, I would really want him to water test it, not sure if mechs will do that, but it sounds great on the water hose.

Comment

Working...
      X