30 HP Spark Plug wires Help! + Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 HP Spark Plug wires Help! + Questions

I have a 1989 Model 30LF 30 Hp rope start Yamaha.. I remove the plugs annually for fogging... problem I have is intermittantly the motor runs rough, I remove cowl, and push on plug wires and its perfect again... obviouslly Dont want to fix up the old plug wires they have been off and on too many times now when winterizing. So I would simply like to buy 3 new plug wires... Can't seem to find the part number here on the site please help!

Secnodly this motor has no charging system... Its on a 14 foot auuminum boat with a deep cycle battery I use for fishfinder, lights and *****ing motor. Sometimes I go out at night and would feel safer if this motor had a charging system... Trying to figure out what it would cost to add one? And what Parts I would need.
    While this motor is older, its been great over the years and has little overall use on it. I am very pleased with it. Thanx in advance

All you need to replace is plug caps 663-82370-01-00, the plug wires can not be replaced they made into coils. You can install a voltage rectifier 6G1-81970-61-00 but you will run awire from red wire on rectifier to positive post on battery and a ground from engine block to neg. post on battery.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X