'08 200HP HPDI VST symptons... tech says no spark on 2 and 3 cyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '08 200HP HPDI VST symptons... tech says no spark on 2 and 3 cyl

My boat is down and out (3.5 weeks) due to what I thought was a VST filter problem. Symptoms were motor cut out between 3500 and 4000 rpm's and when crossing wakes. Non Yamaha tech said no spark on #2 and #3 cyl. Said it "looks like you need a new wiring harness $$$". After researching this site, the motor should only be running on partial cyl's depending on rpm and N, F, R positions. I am sending it to a "CERTIFIED YAMAHA TECH" this weekend for a second opinion. What do you people think? All opinions welcome.

Tight Lines,

Rich

'08 200 HPDI problems... VST?? Wiring harness???

My boat is down and out (3.5 weeks) due to what I thought was a VST filter problem. Symptoms were motor cut out between 3500 and 4000 rpm's and when crossing wakes. Non Yamaha tech said no spark on #2 and #3 cyl. Said it "looks like you need a new wiring harness $$$". After researching this site, the motor should only be running on partial cyl's depending on rpm and N, F, R positions. I am sending it to a "CERTIFIED YAMAHA TECH" this weekend for a second opinion. What do you people think? All opinions welcome.

Tight Lines,

Rich

Comment

HPDI only run on 4 cylinders in neutral, if you hit a wave and the engine starts cutting out, good chance you have junk in your vst under the fuel pump filter. needs to be taken apart and cleand out and the filter replaced, also there is a steel canister filter just above the vst that should be repalced as a maintenence item. they are expensive, about 70 dollars. but gotta have them. dont want that stuff making it to the $5000.00 high pressure pump. hope this helps

Comment

chance all of your filters

Comment

Working...
        X