bleeding oil injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bleeding oil injection

I have a 04'90hp tlrc. I was wondering two things. I'm just rigging the motor now ,it is new . What is the right why to bleed the oil lines. Also how to you test the horn. I have the multi-function tach and it does not make any noise when I start the motor. I thought it was supposed to beep or something...

Thanks for any clues.

You start with adding oil to gas tank a 50:1 mix and disconnect oil link arm on oil pump, start engine and run at idle speed until all the air bubbles are out of oil injection lines to each cylinder, reconnect oil link arm and follow break in as listed in owners manual. The buzzer will sound on start up, the warning lights in tach will all light up and flash when key is turned on. The best way to test on a new engine is to turn key on before adding oil to loi tank, buzzer will sound. You can ground the pink wire at temp sensor on cylinder head, when key is on the buzzer should sound.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I already filled the oil tank. All the clear hoses are free of air but the large one that goes into the top of the oil tank. I'm not sure what you mean when you refer to the "oil link arm" where and what is that? On my other motors in the past you bled the oil pump by turning a screw.

I pulled the pink wire off the theromstat sensor and grounded it to the head bolts and I did not sound the buzzer. So I should assume that it is bad. Do I need to replace the whole key switch or can the buzzer be replaced. PS this is a repower so the key switch is like 2 years old.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Ok I found out that my horn does work. I grounded out the pink wire. But the Tach or the horn does not make any sound on start up. I think it should do something????

I want to make sure th horn will sound when the Gauge reads something wrong. Thanks for any help given.

Comment

Hello matttom83,

I have a 05' 90 hp TLRD ..... The horn does not sound ..... I don't think it is suppose to, until there is a problem of course.

This has been discussed before on this forum. You might want to search earlier post concerning this topic.

Comment

matttom,
            My warning horn does not sound either on start-up on my 2000 C115. I don't think any of the Yamahas do.
            If a warning condition (like overheat or low oil) is detected by the electronics, then not only will the horn sound, but also the gauges will flash, and the motor should go into rpm reduction mode - at least that is what happens on my C115.
            Every so often, I test my horn just by grounding the thermo switch wire with the ignition on - no need to have the motor running.
            Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
            Ken K

Comment

Working...
            X