704 throttle control adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 704 throttle control adjustment

my throttle handles are out of sync. 1988 yamaha's 200hp. the port engine i can only get 3500 rpms, the starboard is 5000. these motors are on a 313 chris craft stinger. where do i make ajustments. i did have frozen carb-butterfly shafts. problem is fixed. with motors off and throttle in the W.O.P, carbs are full open. could my problem be in the timing adavance. it seems free.
    Harry

You need to check compression and spark, along with the timing.

If carbs are opening fully then your motor has a problem and is not running on all cylinders.

If you run it with one or more cylinders lean on fuel because of plugged passages the you can and will toast pistons/cylinders

Comment

the problem is in the 704, the left throttle has to go further to get same rpm's, motor is running fine and all cyclinder firing. when carb, were frozen, i was forcing con*****er. didnt know at the time it was the carb butterfly shafts, all 3 frozen. never adjusted carb's, just worked each carb with PD Blaster....thats some great stuff. I looked to makesure throttle cable is in holder on motor, and under console. The left throttle seems to have a lot more play then the right. and the left is 2" further then right.

Comment

Working...
      X