Engraved numbers inside prop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engraved numbers inside prop?

I recently purchased a couple of used Reliance props for my F150. They were in excellent condition, and according to the owner, they were purchased new by him a few years ago. They are stamped 17M & 17ML and both are 14 1/4" diameter. I noticed that there are numbers engraved in the forward rim of the barrel: 37705-3 on the RH, and 35164-20 on the LH. I only need the RH, but the price was right and it was a package deal.

Are these numbers from the factory or is it likely from a dealer or prop man?

The props look to be in perfect condition with barely a scratch or two. The numbers are engraved by hand, and they are pretty deep. I'm just hoping I didn't buy something that has been altered somehow.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dan

the 17m and 17ml, are Yamaha M series props stainless props. the engraved numbers are not, they could have been tuned by a prop shop and those are repair order numbers or maybe some kind of identification number for they ever were stolen. just a thought

Comment

Not sure if anyone else has one handy to look at, but I looked at one lying around a boat shop and found a similar number in it. They are only in the Reliance series. It's just a curiosity thing. I tested it today and it worked great except a bit of chatter at idle.

Thanks,
      Dan

Comment

Working...
      X