1995 90HP Yamaha - Bypass Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert

Thanks - sure have learned alot in this process and will be sure to keep checking back - but will post something up Mid July once I get it back from shop.

If car dealers had this long a wait they would be out of business.

Comment

car dealers dont have so much seasonal work.
      have you actually tested spark? maybe use a Kv tester on it while running.
      the old pull the plug wire off trick wont work.
      when the engine is started cold does it rev up then idle back down?

Comment

Rod

With everything hooked up correctly, the motor will fire for less then 1/2 second, and just cut off. It will run fire and run on 2 cylinders when the yellow wires (bypass) are disconnected on the CDI.
        I can get the motor to run at 2000 rpm - all hooked up normally - but have only tried this once - obviously since not good practice.

Just frustrating - but patiently waiting on the dealer.

Comment

Read very carefully any responses from Rodbolt, since he has a real in-depth understanding of the mechanical and electrical functions of these motors. Hopefully he may provide some ideas or answers for you. Good Luck!

Comment

you have replaced the entire spark producing spark con*****ing devices on that engine.
            use the dealer locator function and find a dealership with a master tech.
            unlike in the past with various other brands, you cannot buy or wing through the yamaha master tech test.
            the failure rate is about 80%.
            so those that make it know what they are doing and then there is a matter of pride.
            and ego .
            not that I have one.
            conciet is a fault and I have no faults .

Comment

Originally posted by 90HPYam1995 View Post
              Bypass is different then safe mode - safe mode is oil or high temp which it is not, I have traced that until blue in the face.

As for Bypass - the book says a timing issue - and all of that has been replaced, recommended by the dealers I have had to use to this point.

Please let us know what you find out about this, especially since I run the same motor and very curious what might cause this problem? Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
              X