2006 25hp ESH Tilt stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 25hp ESH Tilt stuck

Ok as mentioned in previous post i just bout a new to me 2006 yamaha 25hp two stroke... First time out everything worked fine...now when i hit the lever to put the motor up it wont disengage and is getting hung up. On further inspection there is a piece that is getting stuck over the stopper pin and it wont disengage when you flip the black lever to raise the motor. In order to get the motor to go up i have to go in between the shaft of the motor and the mounting bracket and hit this cross bar mechanism "lock" that hooks over the stopper pin to get it to raise up. It worked fine last thursday on the boat and now on the saw horse in the garage it keeps getting hung up in the down position.

In the picture picture...the "lock" as i will refer to it in the picture is what comes down and hooks over the trim stopper pin. When i move the trim lever to put the motor up the lock doesnt disengage off the pin and catches on the pin therefore keeping the motor stuck in the down position. Shouldnt it disengage when i hit the lever to put the motor up?? Its like its suppose to disengage but it just wont!!!

I believe that is the reverse lock, which keeps your motor from kicking up while in reverse gear...check your gear selector, shifter and mechanism to be sure it's O.K. Good Luck!

Comment

When it does that take the pin out and manually tilt it up.

Comment

Most that I have seen are spring loaded and should pop up out of the way when tilt lever is released.
        probably just need to clean and lube the mechanism

Comment

Working...
        X