No start,oil pouring out the front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No start,oil pouring out the front

Did a carb rebuild on a yamaha 115 two stroke 1989 model, because it sat with fuel in it for three years. Anyway , got it all back together and she turns over nice ,but nothing . Cranked it 5-8 seconds, three or four times , then noticed two stroke oil coming out the front of the cowling. Popped off the top and it was just pouring out. Noticed that the resevoir which had been 3/4 full - was now absolutely full. Took the cap off and it flowed out. So i shut down the key, and started to put tools away since it was getting dark. I had reset the oil pump link rod as per the Seloc book, so i 'm wondering if that could be it . And also the transfer pump signal must be sticking on when it shouldnt. This is my first boat, first two stroke, so not sure where to begin. Followed the Seloc rebuild sequence and bought rebuild kits from the dealer which were installed. Hoping for some leads on this one so i can get at it in the morrow. Thx all,

Not sure how close this will be to your motor but it is some good info on the oil system

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...g-th15577.html

Comment

Working...
    X