99 115 wont run over an idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 115 wont run over an idle

99 C115TXRX runs good at idle even at a fast idle. As soon as I apply the throttle it will just die. Please help.

Check fuel pressure/vacuum, if it is good the clean the carbs and link and sync after reinstalling

Comment

Thanks. I should have mentioned that it was running just fine when all of a sudden, this happened.

Comment

everything always is running just fine before it breaks! however, water/dirt can get in the fuel system in a jiffy, follow the advice given and do simple trouble shooting step by step, do not start by guessing and pulling things to bits. Do you have a manual for your motor? if not get one first off.

Comment

Hi. I have had this problem before and it turned out to be a disintegrating primer bulb. Chunks of rubber were literally floating around and the engine would idle just fine, but when we hit the gas to go, it would either stutter and bog or die. Fuel filter was plugging up. had to change primer bulb and went through two or three filters before all the crap was out of the fuel line.
          Also could be that you are losing prime all together-make sure your connections are good at both ends of fuel line and that tank is venting properly.

Comment

Working...
          X