F225 TURA No wide open throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 TURA No wide open throttle

This motor runs great at adle but when you start to go to wide open throttle it begins to bog down and will not get over 3800 rpm's. I was told it is the injectors that are the problem, should I remove them and have them cleaned or is there possibly another problem. Compression, spark, plugs, and all filters are good, I also checked the motor with a computer, with the Yamaha Dianostic program, no codes and no problems were shown. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank You!!!!!!!!

This issue is on here ALOT. The pros will tell you to check fuel presdure to diagnose. I had very similar issues and it is either the VST filter or High pressure fuel pump on my engine. Most likely the VST filter. I had the injectors cleaned and replaced all filters, except the VST filter and also replaced the low pressure fuel pump all to no avail. Fingers are crossed that it is only the VST filter.
    Last edited by smann316; 06-13-2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I have already cleaned the filter in the vst and the fuel ressure doesn't change, it is 43psi at idle and 43psi at wot. Thanks for the response though.

Comment

if fuel pressure remains at 43 PSI and its bogging I would pull the injectors and ship them to flagship marine,or any injector shop, for diagnosis and cleaning.

Comment

Working...
        X