rigging help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rigging help

purchased a used 2010 F115 that was on a small boat. I have removed the motor and installed on a large houseboat. Needless to say, the wire harnesses do not reach the helm. What extension parts do I need to get? There are two wires coming out of engine. The main wire harness that goes to key switch, and the gauge harness that goes to the tach. -- those are the two I need to extend. Total distance needed is an additional 40ft.

just to clerify -- I already have 20 feet of harness-- this was what the small boat had in it. I have removed it completely and have hooked up. so I can get running, and have the tack work just fine, it is just 40 feet short of where it needs to go
    -- I will need a additional 40 feet. --
    so, it sounds like I will need 4 of the 688-8258-a 9.8 foot extensions ( do I hook these first to the motor end, and continue until the original harness will reach the helm?
    as far as the gauge ( it is the round one that has digital rpm and trim tilt)

will the one you list, 6y5, just plug in to the current one? -- looks like I would need two as 40 feet is what will be needed. -- correct?

Comment

Yes you would have to use the 10 pin extension harness as many as needed to reach key switch.
      Yes the gauge harness can be connected togather so you would need one, 6Y5-83653-30-00 26ft would probably be long enough
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
      X