Re-Winterization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Winterization

Yamaha 225 four strokes were winterized fall 2011. Unlikely that boat will be put in the water in 2012, so is there a need to re-winterize?

I can't think of anything else you need to do....

Comment

I would be afraid the fuel will go bad sitting that long

Comment

There is an excellent sticky on winterization at the top of the page, I think as long as you followed these directions you will be fine. If anything, I would consider replacing the fuel, at least as much as possible, when eventually putting the engines back in service. Also after sitting for a prolong period, it would be a good idea to at least replace the water pump impellers, as they will take a "set". If you are in a damp climate, you could use some sort of water absorbing crystals under the cowl as well. They need to be in a container. If space is limited, you can put them in small tupperware type containers that fit together, drill small holes in the bottom of one and put the crystals in it. Now put the tupperware container with the holes and crystals into another container so that any moisture will drain through the small holes you drilled and gather in the lower container. Check the lower container at least once a month, discard any fluid and replenish the crystals as needed.

Comment

Working...
        X