Gearcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearcase

How does the bearning under the bearing housing come out of 1996 90 hp yamaha gearcase? Been pulling on it want pop out, shaft moves around in the hole, not frooze up?

If talking about the upper drive shaft bearing then have to remove drive shaft and press bearing off shaft.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Sorry prop shaft.

Comment

The bearing inside bearing carrier is pressed it, can be drove out with hammer and punch. Yamaha has bearing driver tools to remove and replace it so it gets put back in the right depth.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Read my first post,the bearing housing came out but the bearing stayed on the prop shaft, i cant get the bearing to slide up over the prop shaft bearing wont slide up over the prop shaft or does it stay on the prop shaft when you put the shft out? do i need to pull the drive shaft ot before i pull the prop shaft out?

Comment

Remove shift shaft and then normally would be able to remove prop shaft but if bearings are that bad it may not come out of reverse bearing, then would have to remove drive shaft as well.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X