100-1 mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100-1 mix

Ok i bought this boat last year had the carbs cleaned the owner told me to run 100-1 oil/gas mix i thought that was not enough so i ran 50-1 the problem i have is idel spit and spuders so today i poured out what gas i had in the tank and mixed a batch 100-1 and she ideled very good i cant find anything on the net that makes me feel better about running 100-1 any ideas she is a 1995 sweetwater pontoon with 1995 yamaha 55hp model # C55TLRT 663 L 722581 Y at full speed she runs great on 50-1 just want idel thanks

fix your carb issue and STAY with 50/1.

Comment

I have a 15hp johnson, mid-80's, that is 100:1. Even has a sticker on the side to that effect. It's the only 100:1 I've ever seen, and I've had it for 10+ years. Only trouble I ever have is from not running gas out when I come off the water.

Comment

I believe Yamaha tried 100:1 for a short time, and while it did lubricate the motor/bearings at that ratio, there were issues with corrosion protection of crank/bearings/shiny parts internally...so they went back to 50:1...that's pretty much the accepted ratio. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
        X