Fuel Management Flow Sensor / Sender Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Management Flow Sensor / Sender Help

I am trying to fabricate a complete fuel mgmt system starting with just one of the new Speedometer / Fuel Management combo gauges [6Y5-83500-40-BK]. I need the proper harness and sensors, and have an 89 Excel 225 and will be buying a T8 kicker.

My homework has shown that the fuel flow sensors have evolved and I want to make sure and buy the best with proper compatibility. So far I've found:

a) 90891-40351-00 aka 6Y5-85752-01-00
    b) 6Y5-85752-02-00

What is the difference between these? Also, can I pretend I have twins and put flow sensors on the 225 and the kicker feed lines to manage total consumption?

On the harness I've found 6Y5-83553-F1-00. Do you need just one harness for both sensors back to the gauge? Thanks in advance.

You can order 6Y5-W0088-70-00 single eng Speedo/FMM kit and it comes with combo gauge, wire harness and sender.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, but already have the brand new Speedo/FMM gauge. So what sender and harness come with the kit you specified?

Comment

Originally posted by ginmills View Post
        Thanks, but already have the brand new Speedo/FMM gauge. So what sender and harness come with the kit you specified?
        Did you ever find the parts #s?

Comment

For the new style gauges use
          6Y5-85752-01-00 SENDER UNIT ASSY
          6Y5-83553-F1-00 WIRE LEAD, SENDER
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X