X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 100BETO warm start problems

Hi
    Pro V100 BETO 1997mod enginenr:64WL300542Q
    Can annyone please help me where to start with this issue?
    Cold start is fine, but when warm it is realy hard to start or will not start at all.
    Started engine yesterday cold and idled fine drove out for 150meters and the engine bugged because I had forgotten too connect fuleline on tank. Connected fuleline and pumped hard. Then no start. Tried until battery went low. but not more than it still cranked fine. The day before this aloso happened. Started engine cold. idled for about 2-4minutes, and I had to stop it for a other reason, then tried starting and would not start either....

Please anny ideas.

Harald
    Norway

A good starting place would be the fuel line and bulb.

Comment

Need to see if it is sparking when problem shows up, timing light or spark tester should do that.
      more than likely it is flooding, but easy to rule out loss of spark

Not sure what kind of motor this is, carb or injected, or if it has choke or not
      Have you tried raising the fast idle lever to give it more air

Comment

Pro V100

Hi

It is carb on this engine. I think it is same as 115hp, but something to do with taxes in Norway. And it has choke on the starter that "clicks". When using the key, but it also have a manual handle on the engine.

Harald

Comment

From what I have read on those motors you need to raise the fast idle a little to get enough air for them to start properly after warn up

Comment

Will try raising the fast idle

Thanks will try raising the fast idle a bit, hope to get back on sea soon
            Other tings to try also please advice
            Harald

Comment

Working...
            X