Carb fuel delivery issue on 225TXRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb fuel delivery issue on 225TXRR

Swapping this in for a 200TXRQ with cylinder damage. Pulled carbs to clean and reassemble, 2 of 3 went fine. On the third one, cannot get cleaner or even compressed air to pass thru this angle fitting. Well, if I fill with cleaner adn apply air thru the casting, it will bubble up thru it just a bit. Can't imagine what could have gotten in there to clog so tightly. Also the fitting turns but can't see how to remove. Thought that little ball in the casting may be retining it, but didn't want to force. Thoughts?

Also wonder about the interchangeability with the carbs off the 200? Those castings are stamped "32" whereas those off the 225 are stamped "34" ... presume different jets? Presuming mixing/matching probably not good - unless the jets are interchageable? And/but what if i swapped all 3 ... would it just serve to 'detune' the engine, or do I risk running too lean?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Inscrutable; 05-27-2012, 08:41 AM.

Hopefully Rodbolt17 will comment on the plugged inlet to bottom carb

Comment

You can drill out the plug to clean passage, tap with 5x0.8mm tap and thread 6E5-14324-00-00 screw and 6J8-14995-00-00 gasket to seal hole, but easy to damage carb body if not perfectly centered when drilling or drill too deep.
      Just use the 200 carb body and jets from 225 and you will be ok
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks. We did take the carb to a machine shop, got into the fitting and it was completely plugged with some accumulated crud. Cleared it and the beast is running now.

Do have a choke question. My 200 had a manual choke, but the 225 does not. My 703 controls do not have a push-key, but the 704's that I think came with the 225) do. There is no real way that I see to adapt the manual choke linkage from my old motor's carbs to the 225's. Am I going to need the 704 controls?
        Last edited by Inscrutable; 06-01-2012, 06:23 AM. Reason: ham-fisted spelling

Comment

Either control box will work, there is manual valve on fuel primer solenoid if want to manual choke.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Not sure I follow you, but are you impying that I would not NEED to manual choke this model, and just fuel prime and twist will do it? I will not be at the boat until later today to look for what you describe as the fuel primer solenoid(?) Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X