buzzer going off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buzzer going off

I have a 90 HP Yamaha two stroke. The buzzer sounds as soon as I turn the key. The oil is full and it is not over heating. I disconnected the oil sensor and the buzzer went off. I am assuming it something to to with the oil. When I reconnected the sensor it stayed off. I took it for a test run and it went great for about 5 mins and the buzzer sounded again. When I turn the key the buzzer sounds. What should I check? I thing I might have a clogged oil filter?

If you have Yamaha gauges look to see what warning light is on. Test overheat and oil sensor.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Lots of alarm horns sounding on here....mine is doing the same...intermittent sounding...doesn't seem to be anything particular that sets it off....not over heating, not oil related.....if ya find out, please pass along what u come up with...I'm still searching and getting to the point where I would like to bypass the whole thing!! aggravating...

Comment

Mine is a 1999 Yamaha 90C Premix, so the only buzzer is for overheat. Last week the buzzer went off(first time ever), plenty of water from the tell-tale, turned off the motor, looked under the cowling, waited a few minutes, restarted motor and buzzer was off and stayed off. So it was a bit of a mystery. Then, this weekend, for the first time since motor was new, I removed and replaced the thermostat and pressure control valve. There was a good bit of calcium/mineral/corrosion deposits in and around the thermostat and pressure control valve, so I'm fairly confident that was the cause of the buzzer problem...I won't wait 13 years to replace these items again! How long since you've checked/replaced your water pump, thermostat, pressure control valve? Good Luck!

Comment

thanks Robert...appreciate you getting on here.. currently there are no thermostats in my motor....when all this started, I thought that's what it was ...it kinda acts like that....the water passages are all clear...do I have a pcv ? It's a 98 115 saltwater 2 stroke, oil injected...if so where would I find it? the overheat alarm never goes on...it flashes likes supposed to when i turn the key on, but then goes off....I went out today, bout 15 miles, alarm came on a few times, turns the rpm limiter on , idle along for a few seconds, it goes off, and go until it comes on again...i think it has something to do with electical connections...would the tilt gauge stuck showing the motor is up cause an issue? Really fishing here..no pun intended hahahahahaha...

Comment

cobia chaser,
            You are high jacking this thread, and it is not proper.
            You need to keep your thread going, not moving over to others.
            Put properly working stats in your motor as they are designed to be run

Sticking open PRV will cause low RPM overheat not high RPM one
            Last edited by 99yam40; 06-01-2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

99yam40...I apologize, obviously I am new, don't know the protocol...sorry y'all...didn't mean to offend anyone...I appreciate the heads up...i'll stick to my own going forward thanks!

Comment

Problem fixed. The the oil level sensor was bad. I took it off and had it tested. The new one came in today.

Comment

Working...
                X