2001 F115 Fuel problems.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 F115 Fuel problems.......

Monday I was running WOT and all of a sudden the motor started spitting and sputtering and losing rpms. I shut down and idled for a few seconds and then started again with low rpms and 6.2 mph WOT. When I got home I pulled the VST and checked it and it was not dirty at all. I also replaced the fuel/water separator. With much much skepticism and hope I put it in the water and as I suspected nothing had changed.

I am thinking it is one of 2 things or both. Could it be clogged fuel injectors? I pulled mine this morning but can't really tell if they are dirty or not. Could it be a bad fuel pump? Once I cranked up yesterday at the back by the lp fuel pump there was a clicking sound. I read on another forum that could be a sign the pump is bad. Thoughts?

Does anyone have any recs on who to send the fuel injectors to to get them cleaned?

Any help is appreciated!!!

Would need to run a fuel Vacumn test to see if have a fuel restriction and fuel pressure test to see if injectors have enough fuel to them.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

What would the vac test show?

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
        Would need to run a fuel Vacumn test to see if have a fuel restriction
        did you not read the post?

Comment

If u can replace the fuel pump yourself DO IT, Its 12 years old, eliminate one definite source problem. Any fuel pump cannot be dependable enuf to trust after twelve tears in service

Comment

I agree! I have ordered an OEM fuel pump and sent my injectors to be cleaned (don't know if they have ever been cleaned). Fingers are crossed that will fix my issues. If not, then I am at a stand still. All filters will be clean, injectors will be clean and I will have a new fuel pump. If I still have issues, then something pretty serious is wrong with my motor I'm afraid that will cost me $$$$ to get fixed. I ordered my parts from this site and when it is all said and done with the pump, filter, fuel/water filter, injector cleaning and new oil filter and oil I will be in about $300. It probably all needed to be done any way.

Comment

Working...
            X