90 trla Bearing Carrier Retainer Wrench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 trla Bearing Carrier Retainer Wrench

Hey guys, I have a 2002 90tlra and I need to replace the propshaft. I have already earmarked the parts on Boats.net that I need but I am having a little trouble locating a "Bearing Carrier Retainer Wrench" . I have searched and located a few - here's my trouble.. all I have found either mention mercury or MC-1, R-MR, Alpha One, Alpha One Gen II, and Bravo One and Two drives... I don't know what mine is.. and I don't want to order the wrong one. Does anyone now if Boats.net has one for my 90tlra or any place I can get one?
    Last edited by doonda61; 05-25-2012, 12:52 AM.
    I got a boat now "bout time" took me 50 years to do so

Well crud.. the motor is a 2002 90tlra not 90trla - must be getting sleepy - sorry for the misleading subject line

Comment

Have to call boats.net at 877-408-1499 to order tools, they are not listed on web site.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Excellent, Thanks for that info.

Comment

Had the same problem. Only found one at absurd price and couldn't order it.

I bought a ring nut here and a pipe reducer, nipple and flange at the plumbing supply. I screwed the flange nipple and reducer to my work table, traced the ring nut and set a cold six nearby. Then I took off everything except three "pins" that fit the nut with a $30 grinder before running out of brew. A pipe wrench on the reducer made short work of the nut on the lower end. The nipple with a pipe plug will fit a socket wrench for assembly and torque.

Make sure you bend back the tab on the "locking" washer behind the ring nut.
          Last edited by throrope; 05-25-2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X