STALLS AND GUITS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STALLS AND GUITS

225 OX 66 STALLS AND WILL QUIT IF THROTTLE IS NOT LETUP ON IF BOAT DOES GET UP ON PLANE IT RUNS ROUGH THIS IS INTERMENT PROBLEM,IVE CHANGED FUEL PUMP DIAPRHAMS AND FUEL HOSES FROM TANKS TO MOTOR AND DONE A DAV TEST AT IDLE

I have had exactly this problem myself and the folks here helped me out. On their advice I cleaned the carbs. I dismantled them according to the shop manual and replaced the gaskets and O - rings. I sprayed carb cleaner into all the orifices and jets.Checked and/or bleed screws and float needle valves. Special attention needs to be paid to the passages downstream of the float needle seats if the motor has set unused for a month or more because varnish deposits can come loose and block the passage making an intermittent problem. If those passages are not accessable on your carbs(they were not on mine)you need to alternatly spray in cleaner, soak and blow out with air several times. I am told that the Seafoam shock treatment can work if repeated 3 times but face it... if the carbs are gunked up you might as well clean them and replace the gaskets anyway.

Comment

THANKS MY MOTOR IS A 225 FUEL INJECTED IV'E ALREADY TESTED THE FUEL SYSTEM I NOW THINK FROM RUNNING A DVA TEST ON THE STATOR THAT IS WHERE THE PROBLEM IS.

Comment

Working...
      X