Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha 130 no longer primes to enable starting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 130 no longer primes to enable starting.

Out of the blue, my 1990 Yamaha 130 will not prime when you squeeze the bulb. In the morning, I successfully tested my engine with a garden hose and rabbitt ears as a cooling system, then launched the boat 1 hour later and could not start the engine because the bulb would not get hard and prime. I have a 75 gal fixed tank. Replaced some hose clamps, the primer bulb and removed the fuel filter in the engine by the carbs just to make sure the O-ring was seated correctly. Still no prime. I've owned this boat and engine for 10 years with no such problems...any ideas ?

Couple of things you might look at. See if you are getting fuel to the carburetor(s), by removing the drain screw,allow any fuel inside the carburetor to drain off,and after the float bowl is empty, pump the primer bulb. Gasoline should flow from the drain hole. If not work your way back towards the fuel tank, until you get fuel. Start at the intake for the fuel pump, remove hose, pump primer, if you are now getting fuel, you know that eveything before that is ok, if not then keep working backwards.

Comment

Working...
    X