F225 water or condensation in oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 water or condensation in oil

I have a 2005 F225 with 430 hours, I recently did a oil change, when I drained the oil it was normal looking used oil with small streaks of milky colored oil and when i took the fill cap off it had some milky build up on it. I did the oil change, took the boat out and ran it pretty hard for about 20-30 min to see if it was condensation and it would burn off. After the run the cap still had some milky stuff on it but oil on the dipstick looked fine. So I decided to change the oil again, the oil color was hard to judge because it was still so new but there was a little more streaking in the oil. I ran the boat again hard for about 30 min and same thing, milky cap and the oil on dipstick looks good. I have talked to a couple reputable Yamaha mechanics and the tell me it is most likely condensation buildup and to run it and keep a close eye on the oil. The oil that was in the engine had a lot of cold water ( 40-55 degrees) slow *****ing and 3 months of winter storage on it, thats why condensation seems logical. The engine runs great and turns 6100 @ WOT.Spark plugs look perfect, Thermostats are new at last oil change, I pulled the lower unit and no signs of exhaust corrosion or crank seal leak. I always use ring free, stabil and all Yamaha genuine parts and oil. My question is does condensation seem possible? if so how long will it last? This is starting to drive me crazy. If it is not condensation what should my next step be? Thanks for any input.

It will take a couple of oil changes to get it cleaned out, have compression and leak down test run on it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X