Yamaha 2003 200 HP OX 66 EFI issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 2003 200 HP OX 66 EFI issues

I have read many of the posts on this common issue and have applied all the remedy's and am still having issues. Here is the issue and what I've done

Initially was getting wide fluctuations in rpm when attitude of boat changed with swell or waves. from 4700 rpm down to 2300and then surge and unsure. Based oN info I read online in this forum I did the following:

1)changed all spark plugs
    2) cleaned and inspected VST and installed new filter at base of high pressure pump; replaced gasket on VST
    3) replaced both(2) low pressure pumps
    4) replaced fuel water Seperator filter remote of engine.
    5) replaced fuel filter and o ring on powerhead

After these changes, motor ran considerably better. Wide fluctuations were gone but after a long period of *****ing @ low speed 2-3 knots and then going back on plane noticed that the rpm still fluctuated however at a much smaller increment say 200-300 rpm between 4200 rpm and 3800 rpm. Did not seem as dependent on attitude of boat but more so rpm range. Once I got the boat up to approximately 4700 rpm did not seem to have the problem. However I am still not confident in the motors ability to perform consistently and want to get your opinion on next steps. Asked my Yamaha mechanic about the O2 sensor and he told me just shock it with double ring free in the first tank of gas and that this should do the trick. Have run 1 tank of gass thru and am still experiencing the issue. Should I take the O2 sensor apart and decarb clean or just breakdown and send to the shop. Trying to avoid expensive repair bill by DIY but feel I am running out of options. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

If you have read a lot of these posts, you probably have read that most recommend monitoring the fuel pressures to see what is happening at problem RPM. That should be able to tell you if and where any restrictions are. If no pressure problems show up, then you will have to chase other things

Comment

Working...
    X