Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submerged F70A

Hi Guys
    First time posting, I have a Yamaha F70A that went to the bottom of the marina (saltwater), engine was not running but batteries were connected, motor was flushed with fresh water, water dispersent and then petrol with 2 hrs of going down. And was up and running within 2 days.
    What parts would you suggest replacing if any? the electrical components seem to have some decent corrosion on them after being submerged.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

valve springs....... from experience in this matter you can replace them with the head on . electrical sensors wiring loom being that the batteries were connected .

have you had it on yds

Comment

YDS???? sorry I am a bit ignorant on this

Comment

YDS is Yamaha Diagnostic System
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

motor might be running but if some of the engine management are not working properly .
          Last edited by mitch; 05-19-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Yes the mechanic has done this, but i have not seen the results.

Comment

My guess is that although the motor is running now, that the electrical components may continue to fail in the coming weeks or months. About the only way to return the motor to dependable running condition would be to replace everything electrical....but this is just my thoughts on this. Hopefully your motor may prove my ideas wrong! Good Luck and keep us posted!

Comment

robert that is on money they do fail over time ,the one that got me was the valve springs salt water and power running did something to them they looked ok but just broke after a while

Comment

Thanks guys, can you be more specific as to which electrical parts you mean.

Comment

2006 and Later 4-stroke F70LA Yamaha Outboard Parts

have a look here by the way where are you in the world

Comment

Thanks Mitch, I am in sunny australia

Comment

Working...
                      X