1996 yamaha 55hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 yamaha 55hp

This will be my 1st yamaha it came on a pontoon i bought i would like to know any problems with these motors it seams to run fine starts up on the first hit has some oily residue comeing from two ports below the hood anyway chime in if anybody has had this type of motor

I think yours is an imported model, similar to, if not an enduro. If it is a two cylinder, I think it is pretty much a copy of an old OMC 55, but leg is another copy, this time of a merc. If it is an enduro, they are used all over the world to this day and have a good reputation, They are also premix at 2%. If anything you will find parts hard to get in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by bumperfood View Post
      I think yours is an imported model, similar to, if not an enduro. If it is a two cylinder, I think it is pretty much a copy of an old OMC 55, but leg is another copy, this time of a merc. If it is an enduro, they are used all over the world to this day and have a good reputation, They are also premix at 2%. If anything you will find parts hard to get in the US.
      That sounds like my luck on parts the numbers are c55tlrt 663 l 722581y if that will help also you say 2% mix is that 100 -1 thats what the man i bought it from said and he owened it since new all the boats i have had were 50-1 and it is a two cylinder
      Last edited by deerslayer; 05-16-2012, 05:34 PM.

Comment

2% is 50 to 1
        or 100 to 2 same thing
        I am not sure if I would run at 100-1 myself even if the manual called for it. I like the extra lube on internal shiny parts when sitting for a few days or weeks

c55tlrt is a 1995 and should be able to get parts from normal Yamaha shops here in USA
        Last edited by 99yam40; 05-17-2012, 06:56 AM.

Comment

OK, so the previous owner may be correct about the oil mixture, and I'm glad you will be able to get parts in the US. Good to have the model number at hand.

Comment

Working...
          X