Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

98 T50 TLRW with intermittent problem at top end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 T50 TLRW with intermittent problem at top end.

Sometimes the motor won't accelerate past 3,000 Rpm at full throttle. Then for no reason the motor starts running good and will accelerate to 5700 RPM. Anyone experience this before?

bad dilithium crystals, I canna give ya no more powar.

Comment

Originally posted by Captkirk View Post
      Sometimes the motor won't accelerate past 3,000 Rpm at full throttle. Then for no reason the motor starts running good and will accelerate to 5700 RPM. Anyone experience this before?
      I've got the same problem with my 1993 70 tlrr. Sometimes it shoots out of the hole like a bat out of hell, sometimes it gets to 3200 and won't go any further. Sometimes it falls off from 5700 to 3000 and sometimes it inexplicably takes off from 3000-3200 and runs like factory new. I've cleaned and rebuilt the carbs, replaced the entire fuel system, done compression and leak down tests and spark tests. I guess about the only thing left is charge coil, pulser coil or CDI? I guess the ignition coils could be bad? Who knows. I need to get a DVA adapter and check peak voltage. If that doesn't reveal anything then a 357 mag might be my next tool.

Comment

Rod is on a roll tonight so watch out.

Guys testing things is the best way , but you have to test when the problem is there.

Rod what is that testing thingy called? a ******der

back to the present time,

testing is a must to identify if it is fuel, timing, or spark that is wondering off from what it is suppose to be

Comment

Working...
        X