Low water pressure 2004 90 2stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low water pressure 2004 90 2stroke

noticed a few months ago while flushing the motor at home that it wasnt peeing as hard as it usually does with the muffs on, so I connected to the quiet flush without running the motor and the pressure from the hose must have gotten the obstruction, then I put the muffs back on and it peed relly good. I have ran the boat a lot since then and it is not over heating (yet) but it isnt peeing much especially with the muffs and not as much with the quiet flush. I am thinking about ordering the gaskets for the water jackets (exhaust side and head), which one should be done? I can see buildup starting to work its way out where the plugs are, and should I replace the thermostat as well? any advice? thanks in advance
    \"thats all i got to say about that\"

Maybe check that your pee tube isn't partially plugged, or that metal pee tube fitting that attaches to the head....run a piece of wire or monofilament in there with it running.

Comment

When did you change the water pump last, if ever?

Comment

I changed the pump about 2 yrs ago, I generally get 2 and a half to three years on the impeller, there is definitely blockage somewhere, are there any products to flush with that loosens up the salt?

Comment

There's a product called, "Saltaway" that folks use to remove salt/mineral deposits from their motors. Better to visually check the water pump, water tube, thermostat, etc. before doing anything chemically to clean out motor. Maybe a rubber grommet down on your water pump or water tube is loose, out of place or gone? Check it out!

Comment

just poked a toothpick into the exhaust side hole where the hose goes and must have broken something up, she is pissing like a race horse now, am going to pull the thermastat and run water to clean things out and replace it with a new one, thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
            X