Cooling Hose Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling Hose Question

I own a 2002 Yamaha T9.9W outboard. It only has about 100 hours on it, since it is on occasionally used on my sailboat.

This year I launched my boat and was waiting to push off to my slip. Suddenly smoke started coming out of the engine and it shortly died out.
    My first thought was the intake was blocked by some debris in the river, but
    I saw nothing when lifting and tilting the engine. I also noticed what appeared to be water coming out of the engine cowling. After removing the
    cover, I noticed one of the two cooling hoses had come off, so that explained
    the bad engine behavior.

I have tried to find a parts blowup of showing this cooling hose as I am wondering if there were originally some kind of hose clamps on these hoses at
    the place they enter the engine. I have not had a chance to inspect the engine again, but I suspect there were none. I have done some maintenance myself and had the engine in for carburator blockage, but there was no need to remove these hoses. I think this one may have just vibrated loose.

My question is the whether the engine came with these hose clamps, and if
    not, should I put some kind of hose clamp on to secure them? Seems like
    Yamaha should have a more secure connection there if they did not indeed
    design it with some kind of clamp.

T9.9 has a water cooled fuel pump, if the pump was off during carb cleaning hose may not have be installed properly.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Cooling Hose Question

Where can I find a parts blowup that shows this hose? Hopefully, it is available online. I want to verify if there are clamps provided to secure the
      cooling hoses to the engine itself.

Comment

go to the post above your last one, click on boats net YAMAHA PARTS-- go from there

Comment

Working...
        X