carb jet question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb jet question

i bought a new jet main air bleed part numb 61A-1492G-58-00 from boat net. It shoud fith my yamaha 115 v4 -91 but it was to bigg, the old one was smaler.
    now i wonder if the jet mainair bleed part numb 61A-1492G-44-00 is a smaler one. Anybody knows.

I understand that the carb jets can vary from carb to carb on any motor, so when folks are rebuilding their carbs, they can't mix up those jets. I know the compression ratios are slightly different for each cylinder on my 90HP Yamaha. Guess these are just some very fine points in the tuning on these motors?

Comment

but it must be a conpletly difrent carb to get this jet to fit it . the differences on the jets usully are that the hole in the center are bigger or smaler for more gas or air to pass , that increases or lower the power on the engine , on my new jet that i orderd , the jet was to wide on the outside. to get it in , then i have to drill in the carb.

Comment

Sounds like they sent you the wrong jet...probably just grabbed one from the wrong parts bin, numbers on the package were wrong, etc...

Comment

i see what the moderator on this site say.

Comment

that carb has 4 jets,bowl vent,pilot air pilot fuel and main. are you sure you knew what you were looking at on the diagram.
            it can be confusing.
            its a backdraft carb with fixed main,vent,pilot air and pilot fuel jets.

Comment

Working...
            X