Mid section '85-115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid section '85-115

I recently purchased a ’85-23 Seacraft with twin ’85 115’s. One of the steering brackets is badly rusted, and I have been told the easiest repair is to swap the mid-section out.

What year mid sections will work? I have a line on a 1995, I know that the motor cover and bucket are different, but is the mid-section and hydraulic the same?

Thanks

84-89 as far as i know are the years that will work.

Comment

I'm sure you will get your motor repaired.

I owned a 1974 Sea Craft Tsunami, it had a cuddy cabin. I only had a single 200 on it. I wish that I had that boat now with a 250 4 stroke. My only complaint is that it burned lots of fuel. It was the best sea boat I have ever owned. I fished out of Port St. Lucie and rarely was I run home with bad sea conditions. It was an awesome boat. The hull design is outstanding.

I did have a problem with rot. I wasn't aware until I made a cosmetic repair on the top of the transom. Then I found rot behind where a previous owner had bolted a small kicker. I had a 1/4 inch aluminum bracket put on the inside and out, weilded together. I sold it to a man who spent two hours with me on a sea trial. Then after purchasing the boat he decided to change the transom to put a bracket on the back with new power. When he cut the old transom out he found much more rot than I had any idea of. He called me a crook. He eventually sent me pictures of the boat which ended up in Florida Sportsman as the Dream Boat article. He sank 39 thousand into the boat. I hope he is happy. I sold it to him in 1993. Good luck and enjoy a wonderful boat.

Comment

Working...
      X