2002 Yamaha F200/225hp Stalls After Restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Yamaha F200/225hp Stalls After Restart

I have a 2002 (Manufactured in 7/2001) Yamaha F200.
    Motor will some times stall out at idle after it has ran for 30-45 minutes, This happens only on a restart not a cold start? The problem is intermitten and does not always happen but it will idle and run out fine but If I shut the motor off for a period of time(let say after i am fishing a spot for 30 minutes or so) and then restart it will stall out. I have to go and pump the primer bulb and then I can get it started and it will idle. When it is idling it is fine its just the restart after a warm up. At the lowest idle like under 1000 rpms it will run out of gas and stall?

I have seen other postings that it could be the recirculating check valve going from the low pressure pump to the vst?

Is it possible that this has gone bad and it is causing the vst to drain?

The strangest thing is that the engine will start right up and run perfect on a cold start. It is just after a long run and then shut it off it stalls upon restart........if you let it sit for 30 mins or so? I have to pump the primer bulb and then it picks up and is fine?

Somedays it does not even do it? Lately it has been more frequent though.

Thanks.

there is a check valve on the lift pump intake.
    it allows fuel to recirculate at speeds below 1200 rpm and maintains 10 psi at the vst inlet anytime the lift pump is running.
    at speeds below 1200 rpm the lit pump runs 10 seconds the off for 20 seconds.
    if it leaks the vst can run dry.

Comment

Thanks Rod.

What I cannot understand is why doesn't the motor stall out at low idle after a cold start?

Comment

Working...
      X