SX250Tura OX66 Outboard Oil tank overfilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SX250Tura OX66 Outboard Oil tank overfilling

Oil tank on motor overfills when engine is running. I have 3 motors on my boat so I have swapped oil level gauge assembly from oil tank of other motor & oil level keeps going up no change. Oil pump in oil tank under floor(sub oil tank) running and overfills oil tank on motor. Switched sub oil tank to another & no change. Why is the pump in the sub oil tank not shutting off when oil level is at the full mark on oil tank on engine? Thanks for your help.

Oil module is going bad , wiring harness problem,or module is seeing low voltage maybe.
    Do some forum searching for testing the system

Comment

Sx250TURA Oil tank overfilling

99yam40 thanks for the response. Oil module may be going bad where can i find this on the motor or oil tanks? Is this something I can switch over from another motor? I will check the voltage going to the oil pump when engine is at idle I should be getting 12 volts? pump will run continuous if voltage is low say 8 volts I read on a post? Which wire harness would you think may be bad? The one that goes from the suboil tank & goes to motor?
      Could this be an ECU problem? Once again thanks for your help I'm in the caribbean will be going to Florida next week so can pick up any parts I may need.Two other motors work fine have never had this problem before.

Comment

Oil module controls the ground I think, need to read Rodbolt17's posts on the subject he should have posted all the check out for it.

In other words I have no idea, I just remember reading stuff about it on here

Comment

Switched the CDI Unit over from other engine today & is working fine oil no longer overfilling. Before that I checked the voltage at the oil pump with engine at idle and got 13 volts.
          Guess I need to buy a new CDI.
          Thanks for your help

Comment

Here is one of the threads That covered overfilling and post #11 is Rodbolt going over what years used different thing on control
            So maybe yours is incorporated in ECU or CDI

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...g-th15577.html

Read the whole thread it may help understand the system better
            Last edited by 99yam40; 05-09-2012, 08:31 AM.

Comment

if you have swapped out switches and same results then ohm test harness

Comment

that CDI is rather expensive.
                carefull testing of the engine tank switchs and connections would be my first check.

Comment

Working...
                X