Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 F90 bogging above half throttle, but then ran ok??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 F90 bogging above half throttle, but then ran ok??

I have a fairly new to me 2006 F90 that gave me some trouble this weekend. I bought the engine last fall and used it for a couple weeks before storing it. Took the boat out for the first time this season over the weekend and it started up and idled great but bogged at around 3000 rpm and wouldnt not go any higher then this. I thought it may have been the old gas in the filters/lines so I made a few loops around the harbour at low speed. After 5-10 min running it seemed to run a little better but still had a very bad bog. Probably went to around 3500 at this point before bogging and refusing to go any faster. It got really rough when bogging. Sort of sounded like a rich bog but I may be wrong. And as soon as you let off the throttle everything was great, perfectly smooth at low speed and idle.

We were only planning on going *****ing and I had a good kicker so we continued on. After *****ing for a half hour or so I tried some more throttle and it still bogged, but was much better, probably 4500+rpm at this point. Continued *****ing for probably another half hour and tried it again and it pulled fine right to top rpm. It ran fine then for the rest of the day. I havent tried a cold start since, so not sure if its running perfect or not.

Can anybody explain what might have happened here? Makes me a little nervous. I bought this engine for piece of mind to replace me 1992 65hp Evinrude but ironicly im more nervous now with this engine.

Sounds like may have some plugged injectors, or VST needs to be removed and cleaned.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

If there were a blockage somewhere i should be able to confirm this by checking fuel pressure right?

I dont have a guage with a check engine light. Do these engines save a log of engine problems? Like for example if my engine experianced a problem with some sensor, but it later worked ok, could I see that problem with the diagnostic computer/software if it were plugged in a couple days later?

Comment

yes i will store the faults in the ecu but not fuel problems you need to test the fuel pressure

Comment

Working...
        X