Water in fuel alarm F150TXR help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in fuel alarm F150TXR help

The alarm came on one time before and I took it to the dealer and he said it was water in fuel filter alarm. 50 hours later, and I did install new 10 micron recently and its on again, only in idle? How can I stop it and where is this filter located?

OK I found the location, has 2 bolts holding the canister on, has a wire, water detector? going in the bottom, one line going in each side. How do I get the plastic canister off to dump and how do you re-set the alarm? Help Please I need to go cobia fishing

Thanks in advance for any help.

motor water filter1.jpg
    motor water filter 2.jpg
    Last edited by skiffer2010; 05-07-2012, 05:58 PM.

Unscrew white plastic bowl off , clean and check for water in fuel.
    Last edited by boats.net; 05-09-2012, 09:07 PM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

OK got it off, screws counterclockwise facing front of motor. Definitely had water in it, so much for buying non-ethanol fuel. Decided to go back with a racor clear bowl filter instead of the yamaha 10 micron so I could watch for water.

[ATTACH][ATTACH]new clear bowl 10m filter Racor3.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
      Attached Files

Comment

i would find were the water in the fuel is coming from,that is not normal.

Comment

Originally posted by joe009 View Post
          i would find were the water in the fuel is coming from,that is not normal.
          Well since its also in my secondary 10 micron filter it has to be coming from the tanks where I buy my non-ethanol (right) fuel.

Comment

Time to drain and clean tank and lines

Comment

Working...
            X