1997 Alarm problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Alarm problem

Just got this boat last season and had the alarm go off one time at high speed and throttle it down and it went away. Had a few more trips and then last trip it went off at cruise about 5 miles out. At ***** no alarm. I had changed thermostats after the first time but still happened. I understand the alarm could go off for oil or heat,. It was steady sounds.

Now at the end of the season when I winterized the boat I was that water was in the bowl of the Raycor. It's a 1979 Robalo and hoses looked old also so this spring I pulled it the tank and changed all the lines (fill and vent also)

I changed also the little oil filter in the remote tank. Anything else to check?

Capt Frank

could we get a model number?
    and do you have a yamaha digital tach?

Comment

200txrv is model #and yes has a digital tach

Comment

Just had the same kind of issues with mine...I have a 115 saltwater series 2 stroke on an 18 sea pro...the alarm problem drove me nuts!!! finally, the guys from boat.net suggested I check the fuse holders on the motor..( if they are gray, change them and put in new fuses),... something about a low voltage or loose connection alarm...anyway..chnged the two fuses and holders...I've only had her out twice since, but so far..no alarm....might be worth a shot.... good luck

Comment

Working...
        X