Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other lower units fit 1997 yamaha c80 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What other lower units fit 1997 yamaha c80 ?

Hey i have a 1997 c80 with a bad lower unit. I found a 1993 c85 blown powerhead with a good foot. Will that foot bolt up and work with mine? I know the foot was replaced on that c85 but am not sure the year it was replaced with. Will any of the other parts off the c85 work on my c80?
    Thanks for the help

Anyone know if i can put the c85 foot on my c80? Need to make sure it will before i buy it.

Comment

look up your lower unit in the parts section of this web site and it will show what all other motors use that part

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        look up your lower unit in the parts section of this web site and it will show what all other motors use that part
        I looked yesterday and i believe the part number is different cant remember for sure. I have looked all over the net and some of the places say they sell replacements that fit 75,80,85, and 90 horsepower but other places say the lower units are horsepower specific.
        I guess if i have to i can pull my boat to the mans house and bolt his lower unit up to mine and see if it works or bring my lower unit to compare them.
        Last edited by highvoltage; 04-29-2012, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X