Switching from 88 70ETLG to a 94 130TLRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching from 88 70ETLG to a 94 130TLRS

Will my current wiring harness, gauges, and controls work? Ive search the parts list and there is a large void for part numbers from 93 up to about 98.

Ive also looked at pictures and wiring diagrams and the 130 has a connector
    BLACK/RED
    BLUE
    BROWN
    BLACK

I think these go to the Staton Ign Coil. Is the coil and CDI the same thing?

I dont have any of those colors coming from my 70 unless its in the wiring harness that go to the CDI.

Any help or part numbers is appreciatted

those wires on the 130 go to the remote ol tank.
    the blue is transfer pump ground,brown is transfer pump 12v black is SWB ground and black/red is SWB return signal.
    the 1o pin main harness and controls are the same.

Comment

Thanks rodbolt.

I bought the 130 today and mounted it. Ive read a few of your post about the SWB. Im waiting on a manuel I bought and could use some more help. I read one of your post that says the Brown from SWB connects to a yellow close the the 10 pin harness. I cant find that wire from my existing wiring harness that was used before. Could you tell me what colors splice to which? All of the old square connectors were cut off from old wires.

Old wires

Pink matched with new
      Orange matched with new
      Black matched with new
      Gray wasnt used

Yellow/Red I tagged it as CDI
      Green Taggged as Oil Unit
      Green/Red Tagged as RPM?
      Yellow Wasnt used

Wires from 130

Green/Black
      Green/Red

Brown
      Black/Red
      Blue
      Black

Gray/Black

Comment

Im a idiot. I have to buy oil tank. 6E5-21708-08-00 OIL TANK SUB-ASSY
        None of the smaller outboards Ive owned have ever had the external tank.

Im assuming the wiring harness from the oil tank plugs into the 4 pin(BR,BL/R,BLUE,BL) connector for SWB. Goin to go with G/R to G/R and G/BL to G then the Y to Gray/BL.
        Last edited by bwygans; 04-29-2012, 09:59 AM.

Comment

yes the blue square connector on the engine plugs into the remote harness tank.
          gray is visual overheat indicate,green is remote tank indicate,sometimes its green/white.
          green/red is oil warning visual.
          pink is trim indicate.
          yellow red may or may not be used depending on the tach unit.
          if your using the 703 box you may get a key on alarm if you plug the gray wires together,if so just leave it unplugged.

Comment

If you are using the 703 controls then the throttle will need to be converted from pull to open to push to open throttle, the older 70 hp and under were pull to open. The 704 binnacle controls can be easly converted but the 703 will require a conversion kit.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks guys.

Luckily a friend of a friend had a oil tank in his garage and i got for $100. I have to do some troubleshooting on the tach. Warning buzzer works with the low oil alarm but RPMs are not working. I dont have the 703 controls but I still had to switch the controls around. Like you said the 70 was push/pull and the 130 is pull/push.

Comment

Question

What will become of the '88 motor? I have the same one and could be interested in it for parts or lower. If you have any interest, let me know if and where.
                Thanks, regards Dan H

Comment

Dan Im keeping the 70 for a skiff. I"ve never had a problem with it. I was just way under powered.

Comment

Working...
                  X