Yamaha T50 stalled out and won't run now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha T50 stalled out and won't run now

"Bought a 05/06 yamaha t50 4 stroke. Used. Started and ran great for 10 min at idle and then 10 min high speed. Then stalled out completely going fast to nothing but remained on idle. Vapor locked. Thought I had cracked the top of the tank. It sucked some air in. squeezed the bulb and took right off. Did it again. The third time it would not do anything but idle. Now it will only start for 2-4 seconds and dies. I took off the water separator filter in the motor and it was clean and straight fuel. I suspected water in the line. I was stumped and got towed home. ;-(
    We did put too small of a connection barb going into the motor and hoped we could clamp it down tight enough for a trial trip. When we squeezed the bulb hard it did spray out fuel so there was potentially an air leak when we vapor locked the first time. I understand air in the system can be a culprit but the fuel filter is full of fuel when I take it off. . I can watch the water separator/filter under the cowling fill with fuel and it seems it should be just fine from that perspective. Could air beyond that point make a difference? Very perplexing. Where to start?
    Last edited by lenfabich; 04-22-2012, 01:11 PM.

Problem solved.

Problem solved. Put a new adapter on with the right sized barbed fitting and it sealed tight. Took the hose off after the fuel pump. Squeezed and it sprayed for a couple times and when got tight and stopped. Squeezed harder and something gave way and gas flowed out well. Thinking there was a clog in the adapter or someplace near it as we heard it break free. Ran great all day after that. Happy Happy Happy.

Comment

Working...
    X